Monthly Archives: January 2015
The HAPI-YEP Word of the Day is PRAGMATIC. The first 2 students to find Veejay and tell him what it means will get an extra stamp! Hint: He’ll be on campus today for HAPI-YEP Lunchtime!
$40,000 in Scholarship Awards Available
10 – $2,000 Renewable Scholarships for High School Seniors
Planning to Attend a California State University or a California Community College
The Chen Foundation is focused on helping economically-challenged youth fulfill their dreams of obtaining higher education. The scholarship is renewable, allowing scholarship recipients to receive an additional $2,000 award for the Fall quarter/semester of their 2nd year of college if they maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA and active service in the community.
Deadline: Midnight – March 31, 2015
- High school seniors who reside in California
- Plan to attend a California State Plan to attend a California State University or California Community College as a 1st year student in the Fall of 2015 (if selected, must submit college acceptance letter for verification)
- Have a minimum cumulative unweighted high school GPA of 3.0
- Have a household income at or below California State Low Income Level (must be able to show 2013 or 2014 tax return should applicant be selected for award)
- The scholarship is open to ALL MAJORS and there is NO ETHNICITY REQUIREMENT
Check Out the Link for More Information: http://apcf.org/2015-chen-foundation-scholarship-program/
The HAPI-YEP Word of the Day is BOLSTER. The first 2 students to find Veejay and tell him what it means will get an extra stamp! Hint: He’ll be on campus today for HAPI-YEP Lunchtime!
HAPI-YEP in collaboration with the Asian and Pacific Islander Obesity Prevention Alliance (APIOPA) presented a workshop to our youth that introduced the concept of Community Supported Agriculture and Dehydration. Afterwards, our youth were able to dehydrate apples and pears in order to create their snacks for the following day. Check out the before and after process below. For more information on APIOPA, please check out their website at www.apiopa.org